Removing Glue from a Tie

I hope you can help! I was ironing one of my ties which I had lent out, after washing it. I decided to iron with a piece of card to flatten it, but did not see glue until it was to late. Hence I need to know how do you get glue off a tie?

By Tony from Liverpool, UK

When I want to remove glue from a hard surface, I use lighter fluid. If you want to try this, please test the lighter fluid somewhere on the back of your tie. If the colors don't smear as you are rubbing with a piece of cloth, then I think it would be safe to work on the glue. Also, ice might harden the glue the same way it hardens chewing gum. If so, you just have to pick the glue off with your fingernails, but be careful not to pick into the fabric. Whatever you decide to do, work with the "grain" so to speak.

You could also try to lift the glue using a lot of small pieces from an old cotton tee shirt that you place over the offending stain, ironing it, using as many pieces of tee shirt you need until it is gone. You will probably have to clean your iron after, but that is easy.

(I would do this 1st, because it doesn't require the use of chemicals.)

Try Goo-Gone. However you will have to wash the tie after using it.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 6, 2010
sharpie tie dyed tshirt
Making a Sharpie Tie Dyed T-Shirt
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
tie dye leaf pattern note card
Making Tie-Dye Note Cards
Tie Dye Your Nails
Tie Dye Your Nails
🎄
🍂