Can I Paint a Concrete Floor in a Bathroom?

Regarding the "painting concrete floors" questions; I have a bathroom in my basement, with a toilet, sink, and shower stall. Can I paint the concrete floor in the bathroom? Or will the moisture from the shower ruin the floor?

By catastrofy from Winnipeg, Canada

Answers

Yes, sure you can!

Just use an outdoor porch & floor paint, an acrylic or epoxy marine paint, pool paint or a garage floor paint.

If the floor is rough or has holes, use Poly-Filla, not soft, easy-sanding wall patch to smooth it, and if necessary, sand it with a belt sander. You can even mix it with porch & floor paint and get a granite hard surface. Slow to sand, but very smooth and permanent.

The secret for permanent paint on concrete is to make 100% sure that the surface is dry, dust-free and warm. It may eventually wear off, but it won't lift or peel.

Have fun!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJuly 23, 2010
An old painted concrete floor.
Painting Concrete Floors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 10:11:44 PM on 10.0.2.197 in 744 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.