Store Extra Paper Towels in Glove Box

Since I am in and out of the car often and have a messy toddler, I have made it a habit to grab some paper towels out of the window wash station at the gas station and store them in my glove box while my gas is pumping. I have thanked myself later when I needed to use them!

By Stacey B from Topeka, KS

A wonderful idea to keep paper towels or napkins in your car (I do the same thing in case needed) but those towels at the gas pump are for drying off the excess moisture of your car windows when washing and squeegeeing them. Taking 'extra's' to clean up after your toddler, or anyone else for that matter, drives the cost up for everyone, including you, for other items the C Store sells because it costs the store money for those extra towels. Walgreen's has sales on their 'Tuf' brand at least once a month where you can get two rolls of paper towels for about $1.00. Not to be mean but I personally don't appreciate those who think things like this are 'free extra's'! Same thing goes for taking 'extra' napkins or condiments at a restaurant, etc. :-(

Sorry, Stacy, but I agree with Deeli. Just throw a roll of paper towels in the car.

I have to agree with the other posters and don't think this was a good tip. Can you imagine if everyone helped themselves to extras of the gas station paper towels. They put them there for the use and convenience of using while at the pump, not for taking extra handfulls for your personal use! There are ways to be frugal and then there are ways to just be taking advantage and this I'm afraid falls in to the taking advantage category and is not something to be proud of doing or to tell others to do!

I don't think that is fair! Now I know when we go to get some and there is none I know why. Please leave them for people who need them for their window.

Instead of paper towels, I stow the extra napkins that I get from fast food restaurants when I go through the drive through. Sometimes they throw in a big stack, way more than I need. I can use them for a variety of uses. They come in very handy when they occasionally forget to give us any, as well as for emergency messes. I don't think I would take extra just for this purpose though. :)

When I had toddlers, I would leave a box of baby wipes in the car. They are great for cleaning hands and faces.

I hate to say it, but that borders on stealing. Just put a roll of your own paper towels in the car for toddler clean up.

Glove Compartment
Organizing Your Car's Glove Compartment
Consumer Advice Cars Helpful HintsJanuary 6, 2011
paper towel being pulled off cute flower holder
Uses for Paper Towels
Paper Towels
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Paper Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent