Lip Balm Stains On Clothes

I accidently washed and dried a load of laundry with lip balm, how do I get it out of my clothes?

Jessica from Placerville, CA

Best Answer

I have layered tissue paper over the spot and used a warm iron to remove most of the lipbalm spot and then laundered with Shout. As the balm soaks the paper I keep moving it to fresh areas of the paper.

I am going to try the Dawn with hot water after the initial iron/tissue paper this time.

.....Maybe I should stop keeping lipbalm in my pocket!

I had this happen a couple days ago to my huband's wrinkle-resistant dress shirts and after using Shout 5 times to no improvement, I decided to pour in HOT water 1 box of baking soda, Purex laundry detergent and more Shout and let it soak in the washer overnight. It removed the stains completely from one shirt, lessened the stains on a second one, and didn't work at all on the third one, which was a different fabric/treatment.

His dress pants came out fine after the third washing with just the Shout product used. Good luck as I KNOW this is infuriating.

Someone accidently left lip balm in a pocket and it went through the washer and dryer. I now have oil stains on my clothes and can't seem to get them out. Any suggestions?

Sarahw

Answers:

BIZ

Try soaking in BIZ. You should be able to find it in the grocery isle with the washing powder.
It works for a lot of laundry problems. Good luck! (12/28/2004)

By Cindy

Nappy Soaker

Nappy soaker, (for 24-48 hours), or any spot treatment for grease/petroleum jelly. (12/28/2004)

By Jo Bodey

Grease Stain

I have had great luck getting greasy type stains out of clothes by putting Dawn dishwashing liquid on the stain and pouring boiling water over the stained part ( in the sink of course). This has worked for me on stains that were set in. Good luck. (12/29/2004)

By Ginger