Lip Balm Stains On Clothes

I accidently washed and dried a load of laundry with lip balm, how do I get it out of my clothes?

Jessica from Placerville, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I have layered tissue paper over the spot and used a warm iron to remove most of the lipbalm spot and then laundered with Shout. As the balm soaks the paper I keep moving it to fresh areas of the paper.

I am going to try the Dawn with hot water after the initial iron/tissue paper this time.

.....Maybe I should stop keeping lipbalm in my pocket!

I had this happen a couple days ago to my huband's wrinkle-resistant dress shirts and after using Shout 5 times to no improvement, I decided to pour in HOT water 1 box of baking soda, Purex laundry detergent and more Shout and let it soak in the washer overnight. It removed the stains completely from one shirt, lessened the stains on a second one, and didn't work at all on the third one, which was a different fabric/treatment.

His dress pants came out fine after the third washing with just the Shout product used. Good luck as I KNOW this is infuriating.

Answer

Someone accidently left lip balm in a pocket and it went through the washer and dryer. I now have oil stains on my clothes and can't seem to get them out. Any suggestions?

Sarahw

Answers:

BIZ

Try soaking in BIZ. You should be able to find it in the grocery isle with the washing powder.
It works for a lot of laundry problems. Good luck! (12/28/2004)

By Cindy

Nappy Soaker

Nappy soaker, (for 24-48 hours), or any spot treatment for grease/petroleum jelly. (12/28/2004)

By Jo Bodey

Grease Stain

I have had great luck getting greasy type stains out of clothes by putting Dawn dishwashing liquid on the stain and pouring boiling water over the stained part ( in the sink of course). This has worked for me on stains that were set in. Good luck. (12/29/2004)

By Ginger

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 16, 2007
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
A woman putting on lip gloss.
Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 23, 2016 at 3:57:42 AM on 10.0.0.160 in 713 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.