RepairComputers

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

What do you use to clean the screen on a laptop computer? I think one of my grandsons must have been trying to hide their fingerprints from the screen and now it is all greasy looking. Thanks.

By Elayne from Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia

A place that sell's electronics should have something for you to clean your laptop with there wipes there not to high depends where you buy them.

Many options.

http://www.amaz  s=screen+cleaner

I use and have always used Pledge Multi Surface wipes on our laptops & anything else that has a screen/glass. Never had a problem with them leaving smudges behind.

I have used regular window cleaner, but wipe up immediately. Do NOT allow the cleaner to run down the screen. Cover the keyboard before you spray. Something else I have used is the cleaner for glass top stoves if the screen is smeary with finger prints. Again, you must get all the residue from the cleaner off. I used very wet, but not dripping, paper towels and dried the screen thorough and left the computer open until I was sure it was completely dry.

A chalk board eraser works on my desk top screen--not sure if laptops are diff materials.

What to use to clean a laptop computer screen.

Pat from Churubusco, IN

Answers:

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

Rubbing alcohol and a rag work wonders and is cheap. That is what I use on ours.
God bless! (01/28/2008)

By velsgal

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

Fellows makes a product call Screen Cleaning wipes. It's a towelette wet and dry in a package. You can use it on laptops, LCD monitors, cell phones, and PDA. You can get it at Office Depot, or Office Max.
(01/28/2008)

By DEBRADJ.

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

Get yourself a cotton rag and a bottle of alcohol. It does wonders. And it also get germs from it too. I think it works better than the expensive products out there. (06/14/2008)

By PEACHEZZ46

What do I clean my laptop screen with?

Sam from Riverview, FL

Answers:

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

I use my eyeglass cleaner and the swatch of fabric that comes with it. You can buy it at Wal-mart in the eye care center. (05/25/2006)

By Sandi

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

A sheet of Bounce! (05/25/2006)

By karna

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

Any place that sells computers sells little bottles of computer safe spray cleaner for the screen. I don't remember how much it costs, but it lasts a very long time. (05/26/2006)

By Lynn Beth

Cleaning a Laptop Screen

A microfibre 'glass' cleaning cloth. If there are sticky bits I moisten the cloth with a drip of water and lightly 'polish'. The cloth is virtually dry though. (05/26/2006)

By Luci