Water Game Birthday Party for a 5 Year Old

I am having my daughter's 5th birthday party outside. It is water oriented and I need some ideas for games that will be suitable for children ranging 2-6 yrs of age. I am mainly thinking of using water guns and water balloons. Any ideas?

By Samantha T.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Set up a couple of sprinklers and let the kids run through them. I still remember this from when I was little, a long time ago!

How about one of those slip and slide things that you could put on the ground, turn on the sprinklers, and let the kids (and maybe grownups, too) have fun? Water pistols and balloons sound fun, too. For littler kids, maybe a wading pool? But they would need some supervision.

How about a relay race where they have to empty a bucket a cupful at a time and fill a small pail for their team? Tough to run with the cupful of water without spilling, and so lots of laughs. And I think a slip and slide is a good suggestion too.

I was going to suggest the same things the others have, so I won't repeat them. I would like to warn you though, that water balloons make a huge mess-you have all those broken pieces laying around on the ground, which doesn't look very good & is bad for the birds.

5th Birthday
5th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 8, 2011
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Four year old blowing out birthday candles.
4th Birthday Party Ideas
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:31:30 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.