A turkey that lights up for great conversations and giggles.
Approximate Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- medium size pumpkin without a stem
- large serving platter
- large kitchen knife
- large butternut squash
- wooden skewers, halved
- craft knife
- 2 dried black eyed peas or other dried beans, or two wiggly eyes
- metal tipped vegetable peeler
- 6 or more dripless or drip resistant taper candles
- tooth picks
- sun dried tomato or peel and eat licorice
- glue gun
- Prop the pumpkin on an angle on the platter so the top points up at a 45-degree slant if it doesn't balance easily. Use a knife to cut a slice from underneath to create a flat base.
- Cut off the top 5 inches of butternut squash to use as the turkey head and attach to the top of the pumpkin with skewer halves.
- Glue eyes on or use tip of the peeler to dig out to small slits for eyes to push beans in each slit.
- Cut sides from bottom of squash in, then use a craft knife to cut a 'v' shape into each piece for turkey toes. Place them next to pumpkin on platter.
- Mark candle holes toward the back pf pumpkin at least an inch apart. Don't place them to far down the back. The candles should stick out at a slight angle no more then 45 degrees or they will drip too much all over.
- Use a craft knife or peeler to cut the holes making sure they are slightly smaller then the candles for a snug fit.
- For the turkey wattle, bend a piece of sun-dried tomato or licorice over the top of the beak, if necessary secure with a tooth pick. Now, you have a turkey who will get lot of of giggles.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
By Sillepeanut from Whitehall, MI
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 15, 2016 at 6:13:55 AM on 10.0.1.252 in 937 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us