Make Your Own Baby Wash Recipe

I have purchased grapeseed oil, vegetable glycerine, jojoba oil, vitamin e, aloe vera, sweet almond oil and essential oils of lavender and sweet orange. I intend to make a baby wash but do not know exactly what quantities of each to put into it.

Please could you supply a recipe on your website using these ingredients.

Emma from Perth, Western Australia

I found this on a website (don't remember where) & saved it for future use.

Hope this helps.

Tips for Moms

HOME MADE BABY WIPES

If you are the mom of a little one in diapers here is an idea that has saved me lots of money. Make your own baby wipes. My son has sensitive skin and we have not had a problem in his diaper area since I started using these.

Buy a roll of the good paper towels, cut them in half to make two small rolls.

Place one half in a gallon zip top bag. Mix together 1 oz. Baby Oil and 1 oz. Baby Wash into 2 cups of very warm water. Pour over the paper towels in the bag.

Zip the top closed and turn several times until all the liquid is absorbed. Pull the cardboard tube out and this way you can pull the wipes from the center. Very handy and will save you tons of money!

~Cheryl

Here's a little easier solution for both of you! I've used your formula, Cheryl, but this one seems to "sour" less quickly:

1T Baby lotion

1T Baby oil

2T Baby wash

2c hot water

Mix until lotion is dissolved and pour over:

1 roll of Bounty Select-a-size cut in half (a little bit easier size to handle) that is placed in a 2qt Rubermaid canister. Don't put the lid on completely until it has cooled.

Pull out the center tube and use wipes from the center.

Hope this helps!

Amy

thanks for your ideas however i only intend to use vegetable and fruit based aromatherapy products and nothing containing petrochemicals. It is intended for putting in the bath as a wash only. Any more ideas! Thanks to those who responded.

"I have purchased grapeseed oil, vegetable glycerine, jojoba oil, vitamin e, aloe vera, sweet almond oil and essential oils of lavender and sweet orange. I intend to make a baby wash but do not know exactly what quantities of each to put into it.

"

Trouble is, you have nothing there (aside from the glycerine & aloe) that'll dissolve in water! The oils would need emulsifiers just to disperse in water. And you have nothing in there with any cleaning properties used in conjunction with water. You could make an oily mix to use as a wipe-off cleaner, but later you specified "It is intended for putting in the bath as a wash only."

If you want a wash product, it would need either soap or something like soap in it. They're not all petrochemicals, as you specified you don't want. There are many resources available for you to learn to make soap, if that's what you want.

Im looking for an easy to make homemade mild baby wash. I dont want it to be to expensive, good for the baby at the same time..All natural. Thanks

Hi,You can make a nice baby wash by using your lovely base oils and a few drops of essential oils(VERY few for babies or none for safety sake.)mix your base oils together in any amount and combination then add the same amount of a good mild organic liquid soap.....more or less to suit you..mix gently and voala!!baby wash

A baby taking a bath.
Homemade Baby Soap Recipes
Make Your Own Baby ItemsApril 25, 2004
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄