Keep $20 in Your Glove Compartment for Emergencies

I was in Girl Scouts and the Leader for two troops that my daughters were in. I was taught first and foremost to be prepared. I have for many years now been keeping a twenty dollar bill in my glove compartment for minor emergencies.

Each time one on the children bought a car, I told them to be sure and put twenty dollars in the glove compartment just in case something happened and they needed a ready flow of cash. So every once in a while, one of the children will call and say, "Mom, I am sure glad you taught me to put twenty dollars in the glove compartment. I really needed gas and the station I got to didn't take anything but cash." When they used the twenty, they'd always be sure to add it back into the glove compartment just in case another emergency arose.

It feels good to know that you have a little security in your car in cases of emergency.

By maphisx7 from VA

I have been doing the same thing with $$$ in the glove box of our car. Just last week, I used it to make a donation to our local school's football team, trying to raise money for uniforms, etc. It is a great habit to have. And I have had to replace it a few times prior to that.

I always keep $20 in the special thin holder for my auto insurance card, owners card, and drivers license. I also keep an index card with a list of all my meds and each doctor with phone no. who ordered each med. This is in my pocket book and with me at all times.

This is a good tip. I will have to start this. I keep change for the car wash and parking meters in the car, in a film canister/pill bottle. Here in Canada we have dollar coins, so I would have a little larger sum than you might expect. But it wouldn't hurt to have a twenty stashed for emergency gas if one has forgotten their purse, or? You never know what might come up!

Interesting idea, I'd never have thought of it. We usually secure our available cash on our person.

Glove Compartment
Organizing Your Car's Glove Compartment
Consumer Advice Cars Helpful HintsSeptember 1, 2010
Stockpiling Food in Cellar
Stockpiling Food for Emergencies
Rodent nest in a car's engine compartment.
Mice Nesting in a Car
Cleaning Leather Garden Gloves
Cleaning Leather Garden Gloves
A baseball glove with a baseball.
Breaking in a Baseball Glove
🎄