Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making a Mobile Home Belly Board

What is a belly board made from for mobile homes? I need one so badly. I haven't got a clue how to finding someone to put one on my house. Energy Assistance won't help me either.

By lrrn567 from Bristol, CT

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sheila [3]06/16/2010

I am too, have never heard of a belly board.

By Misty [19]07/15/2009

I believe it is the bottom of the trailer. I crawled under my trailer once because a cat got in there. It was a kitten and the mother put it in there, but didn't come back to feed it.

I had to tear out this board material (there was a hole in there already). I could see the insulation and joist under that. Then the flooring of the trailer. I ended up getting the kitten out from under my tub in the bathroom, but had to do it inside the trailer.

The material I had to tear out was easy to rip out since it already had a hole in it anyway. It was like pressed wood, but really flimsy. It was just a barrier to keep the critters out of the insulation. This is my guess. Hopefully it helps you out.

By Louise B. [4]07/15/2009

What is a belly board? I have lived in a mobile home, and I have no idea what it is that you are talking about. I am sure others are equally puzzled.