Overalls Are Damaging Dryer

The metal fasteners on the straps of my husband's overalls are chipping the paint from the inside of the clothes dryer. Is there a solution other than hanging them to air dry?

By Donna from Crystal River, FL

Best Answer

I use safety pins to pin the straps with fasteners into the pockets.After the overalls are dry I hang on the back of chair to air dry the fabric that was stuffed in the pocket. No more noise and damage to the dryer.

Best Answer

Put the overalls in an old pillowcase & tie or pin it shut. That way the straps of the overalls won't fly around.

Best Answer

Thanks to everyone who helped! The pins work wonders!

Is there any way you could wrap the fasteners with a soft cloth or bandana to lessen the blows to the inside of your machine? It would also make it less noisy.

Similar to what Ginnywest suggested, I use that really sticky Saran Wrap, the one that seals to make its own bags, and wrap any delicate buttons, decorations or fasteners before washing. Wrap it around a couple of times and pat it down to seal it. It has always stayed on through the washer and dryer for me. Good Luck with it! Julie Andrea

I take my husbands fastners and fasten them down under the button part of the bib. Then, turn inside out when I wash and dry.

Take the clasp and flip it to the inside of the overalls. With large pins, pin the clasp inside the overalls then pin the back to front on the sides. This still may do a little damage, but not nearly as much as the clasp itself.

I use children's socks on mine.

Denim Overalls
Overalls Are Damaging Dryer
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceJune 29, 2011
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
Old Overalls
Uses for Old Overalls
Farmer wearing dirty overalls
Washing Bib Overalls
🎉
🎄