Washing Bib Overalls

Category Clothing
This is a guide about washing bib overalls without straps tangling. These work clothes have buckles that can get tangled in the laundry.

This is actually a tip I learned from my husband years ago when we married. He wears bib overalls almost daily, and the straps tend to tangle. But, if you unbutton the front pockets, take the strap buckles and place them between the button and pocket and then rebutton it (or snap on some pairs) they will stay that way during the wash cycle. (if you simply buckle them as you do when you wear them, they come loose in the wash and tangle up)

Another trick I use is saving the buckles when he wears out a pair. Every so often the buckles break, and I have a spare buckle I can then use.

The rest of the worn out bibs make great potholders, or skirts for little girls or tote bags. There are lots of ideas on them if you google.