Keeping Mice Out of a Camper

Rodents are attracted to human living quarters even when they are mobile. This guide is about keeping mice out of a camper.

RV camper
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Field mice keep getting into our trailer/camper when not in use and making a terrible mess. Any suggestions of how I can get rid of them? Thank you!

By Amy from Millbury, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Peppermint is supposed to work, I have always had good luck with the de-con pellet trays, and stuffing holes with steel wool, sos pads, or aluminum foil. Just know that those radar things you plug in don't work. I have actually seen a mouse sit right next to one of those and not move.

Read More Answers...

My 5th wheel camper has been at a camp ground since Aug. 2009. I have never had a problem with mice and have had my camper for 3 years 8 months. My husband came home Dec. 23rd and went back to the camper after New Years. He had food on the stove for dinner and found a mouse eating out of the pan.

The camper was left clean, no dishes or anything out of place. He noticed sunflower seeds in the stove top and the bed had droppings on it. Nobody had eaten in the bed. He does have a bag of sunflower seeds. My cable wire is running through my window and my cooking vent was left open for when you cook. I am very scared of mice. I was suppose to go there, but now I don't want to because I am afraid of mice.

How can they be in the camper now, when I have never had this happen before. My camper is parked against a hug tree and it leans over the whole top of my camper. I feel one of the things has to be how it got in. He placed a trap under the stove top and did kill one mouse, but I'm still not relieved that it is resolved.

By Kim from Sulphur, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm not sure if this works, I'm trying it now. I have a motor home that had mice. i heard that the mice don't like irish spring soap. i cleaned all cabinets, any area with the poop, I cut the soap up and put it in all the cupboards, and cabinets. I will let you know if it works. Has anyone heard of this. I have a dog so I don't want to use poison.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Pest Control MiceMay 13, 2013
wild mouse
Keeping Mice Out of a Dryer Vent
Mouse in Kitchen
Keeping Mice out of Appliances
Camping With Travel Trailer
Traveling With a Camper or Trailer
A truck towing a vintage popup camper.
Repairing a Popup Camper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 8:59:06 PM on 10.0.2.18 in 777 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.