Removing Mothball Smell from Popup Camper

Category Odors
Many owners will use mothballs to repel mice when the camper is closed and unused for a period of time. While this may work it will leave a strong odor lingering in the popup camper when you are ready to use it. This is a guide about removing mothball smell from a popup camper.

We just purchased a pop-up camper a week ago. As the lady had it stored outdoors and hadn't used it in a few years, she put 4 boxes of moth balls in there to keep rodents out. OK, I agree that would be smart, but now we have it home and put up and removed all the boxes and the smell is so overwhelming that if I sit in there 5 min my throat starts to hurt and eyes start burning. I can't take it, plus I worry about my 2 younger kids being in there.

I did put a couple bowls of vinegar in there with all the sides opened to get air ventilation. Please give me any ideas for how to get the smell out before we go camping in a few weeks.

By Carrie