Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Graduation Party for a Math Major

I can always come up with great ideas for everyone except myself. I need ideas for a college graduation party. I have the food covered, and the cake (cake decorating idea was from one of you!!). I plan on doing a picture display or a power point of pictures that run over and over (I have to see the room first to see if there is a wall or screen I can run this on). I plan on covering the tables with her college colors. She is a math major, so her cake is in a calculator, with cong in the display portion.

I have made a large 08 of Styrofoam that I plan to paint her colors for a center piece.

Any other ideas you can offer me?

April from Missouri

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Laura Justice [2]03/19/2008

Have room for a black board or a white board? Get some geek to make some formula that ends up saying good luck or what ever you say to math folks!
just about any treat that can be added-- cards, dominos-- use kids addition and subtraction flash cards for decor=
Like the idea of making a scrapbook-- if you put that info in the invitations-- folks can bring additions to the scrapbook-- and or tell them the page size and they can bring a finished page...
good luck and have fun!

By Jennifer Hinds03/19/2008

I saw this on some show the other day...it really doesn't have anything to do with math, but it was nice. As the party is happening create a scrapbook that will be done when the party is. Take polaroid pictures to tape/paste in there and have people write their memories or congrats in the book. After the party you can present it to the grad as a keepsake.