Saving Steps in the Kitchen

I always hang an empty plastic grocery bag on the top cabinet drawer handle below the sink, which is next to the stove. That way, as I empty packages or cans of food, I put the empty containers into it. I don't have to take extra steps walking to where my large kitchen trash container is located. At the end of the night I take the bag off, tie the handles and drop it in the larger trash container. Saves many extra steps and time.

By Gladys

I do that too but I tote mine to another part of the house to be sorted into different bags for recycling.Garbage goes in the garbage can,not recyclables,

I started keeping a small plastic trash can (think bathroom size) under the sink to catch recyclables. It's a little less messy-looking than having a separate container for them sitting out next to the kitchen-sized garbage can (for example).

When it's full, I empty it into the bins that the city provided us.

Organizing Your Kitchen, Dishes neatly organized in a wood cabinet.
Organizing Your Kitchen
Organizing KitchenNovember 7, 2004
Make Steps From Cinder Blocks
Making Steps with Cinder Blocks
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning