AnniversaryParties

Using Collectible Beer Mugs For Anniversary Centerpieces

I am helping with a friend's parents' 50th wedding anniversary decor. I am using beer mugs that they have collected over the years that are significant to their travels or conferences for the service group they belong too. I have a budget for flowers etc but I have a lot of tables. The only thing I can find is to fill the mug with gold stones and top it up with mini carnations.

This would be o.k. for the ends of the table but how do I incorporate it into an elegant centerpiece? Carnations are the flowers they had at their wedding. Any other ideas? I don't want this to look like a beer hall as neither of them drink beer! Many thanks.

Threecats from Stoney Creek, ON

How about clear yellow marbles & babies breath w/mini white carnations

I saw this on another craft website . Buy those butterscotch hard candies that are wraped in that pretty see thru yellow cellophane paper . THey come in bags at the grocery store . Fill the beer mugs 3/4 full with the wrapped candies and then top this with 5 or 6 large white marshmallows , This will look like a mug filled with beer with a foam head [the marshmallows ] on top . Then wrap the whole mug with clear cellophne with a twist on the top and tie with gold and siler ribbons leaving culy tail . Looks really pretty and fun to make . Not expensive either. cathy from ma

How about the Hersey's kisses that come wrapped in gold? Seems kind of appropriate.

I would just tie a gold ribbon on each one and be done.