CenterpiecesParties

Italian Centerpiece Ideas

I need some ideas for making an Italian centerpiece. Any suggestions?

By Savedbev12 from Griffin, GA

I don't know what occassion you need the centerpiece for. But a vase of carnations in the Italian colors, red, white and green, would be nice. You can use empty Italian tomato cans or oil cans filled with sunflowers. Also a tall glass cylinder filled with lemons and bay leaves could work. Any pictures I have seen of set tables in Italy there were fresh flowers.

You could fill bottles of different heights with just colored water using food coloring and let some herbs float in them. Or use different type bread loafs as you center piece too some cut in slices some not. Same idea on the bottles too but put colored pastas and macaroni or beans in them layered for a pretty visual effect and lay green and red peppers around them to add color.

Here are some sites with ideas using grapes and leaves:

http://www.mart  lian-centerpiece

Maybe I watch too much TV but in my younger days when I wanted an Italian themed dinner I always brought out the old wine bottles (saved for me by my neighbor) and melted a couple of candles to run down the side.

I am with Glenn's Mom about the wine bottles and candles. I remember eating in an Italian restaurant many years ago in Savannah called Anna's Little Napoli and on each table they had a wine bottle and a candle burning. When one colored candle burned out, another color of candle replaced it to make the drippings multicolored which was very pretty and effective. You could use more that one bottle and have the bottles at different levels. I would suggest that you begin the drippings PRIOR to the date that you need them to get as many drippings as you can.

You could also put bread sticks in a nice woven basket and have a cheese spread or cheese ball in the center of the table as well. Hope this helps.

I love giving Italian dinner parties! One idea that I use - Go to the Dollar Tree and buy clear glass vases and green & purple plastic grapes. Put several pods of grapes in the vases and fill with water. The grapes seem to "pop" and look larger. Then float a candle on the top of the water. OR don't use water and put a taper candle in the middle of the grapes.

I use my computer and create individual menus to use at each place setting. I list the Italian menu and decorate them with Italian artwork. Use Italian and English on the menus. I incorporate plenty of baskets and candles in my decorating. I also use green cloth napkins and set out my good wine and goblets at each place at the table. A pod of plastic grapes place at the steps between the glasses looks good too. Use artifical grape vines and clear Christmas lights in your baskets. I play Italian music in the background to set the mood.

Anonymous

A really simple centerpiece idea is to take wine glasses put green napkins or whatever color you prefer and put a small LED twinkling candle inside the napkin and put the napkin inside the wine glass with the candles turned on. Take a bread basket, the long ones work best, put it in the center of the table filled with bread and put a wine glass on each end of the basket.