Are Phoenix Arizona's roadways made from old tires?

Penelope from Chicago, Illinois

Answers

My parents live in Arizona (not Phoenix) and I've traveled the road from Phoenix to their house at least twice a year for 10 years and never saw any "Used Tire" roads. #1 I would think that they would be HOT, as they are black and Phoenix is close to the temperature of the sun's surface (my husband's opinion anyway). #2 If they were re-using it would seem to me they want to let people know by signs. NOT THAT AZ is a recycling state! I cringe each time I throw away a can at my parents. I kid you not, when we drove from CA, I brought back all the recycling! You can recycle there, but you have to collect it all yourself and take it down to places, no curbside pickup! As for the tires, I think they go to places like tracks and such, it's a treat to walk on those rubberized tracks!

Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona)
Petrified Forest (Flagstaff, Arizona) Frugal Travel Guide
A girl taking an online course using her laptop.
University of Phoenix Online Reviews
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Arizona Christmas Charities
New Tires
Buying Tires
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 25, 2016 at 9:15:05 AM on 10.0.0.76 in 844 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.