Painting a Design on a Guitar

I want to paint on my guitar. How do I transfer a design onto it so that I can paint it?

By Rhonda from Russell Springs, KY

From an artist's method, go over the top of your transfer with a darker pencil lead than the regular pencil.

Now, using the side edge of a regular pencil, shade in heavily the backside of the paper covering the entire area of the stencil pattern.

Using clean hands, place the heavily shaded side onto the guitar and tape down corners so it won't slide; this is important.

Next, trace over the darkened design pressing just enough to allow backside of lead to create the lines necessary to make your pattern show up. Don't lay your hand on the pattern paper as you trace, so lead doesn't smear as you work.

You might try using charcoal chalks to do the job also instead of pencil lead, but chalk will smear, so don't lay your hands heavily onto the paper as you trace over the pattern.

Crafts PaintingSeptember 28, 2010
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cereal Box Guitar
Cigars in a Box
Making a Cigar Box Guitar
Man Playing Rock Guitar
Reparing an Electric Guitar