Uses for a Potato Express

I have an electric Potato Express which is used for peeling potatoes by tumbling on a grater in the bottom of a bowl. Do not confuse it with the Starfrit nor the Rotato peeling machines now available. This one is probably 15 or more years old.

It is from the time before salad spinners were in vogue. Also has a citrus juicer attachment. I haven't used it in years because potatoes are now much cleaner from the market than they used to be and peeling them is not the major dirty task it once was.

I was going to get rid of it and then realized it would make a nifty salad spinner by removing the grater disk. Any other suggestions? I did a web search and couldn't locate any examples of this item to show you.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Hi Holly, Greeting from the Great White North. (Leoville, Saskatchewan, Canada). We have had a restaurant for 34 yrs and bought a Potato Express from Sears about 15 yrs ago and is still running although held together with Duct Tape! All our staff wish they had one and we wish we had a new one too. Have you ever found one in your travels and if so, where? Love to here from you. Robin

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMarch 3, 2007
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
Hot Potato Salad
Hot Potato Salad Recipes