Store Vanilla Beans in Alcohol

Because dried out vanilla beans are nearly impossible to split and scrape, I store whole beans in a jar filled with vodka, bourbon or brandy. They stay soft, making it easy to scrape out every last bit of vanilla. The liquor makes a vanilla extract. Great for anything!

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I guess I never thought of the beans drying out. I use my right away. I have heard of storing them in alcohol but I thought it was just for making vanilla extract. Glad to know it serves a duel purpose. Might just give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Vanilla Beans
Storing Vanilla Beans
Food and Recipes Food Tips Herbs and SpicesOctober 12, 2010
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes