Link: Get The Best Electrical Rate In Texas

Here in the Dallas, TX, area we have http://www.powertochoose.org/ (The Official Electric Choice Web site of the Public Utility Commission of Texas). You input your zip code and it shows a list of electricity providers for your area and their rates. There are a lot more providers than you might imagine, all using the exact same electric delivery company.

You need to read the fine print because the rate they show might be an introductory rate which ceases after a few months. Also notice the cancellation info.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that we'd received a solicitation in the mail about switching to a power company with a $70 something bonus and a guaranteed rate for 2 years. By the time I got around to investigating the price list, the offer was rescinded. But I signed up anyway for the posted rate, because it was still a savings. Then, in the mail a month later, I received a repeat of the bonus offer. I called them on the phone, asked for the bonus, and the clerk had the intelligence to make sure that the rate I was already receiving was even better than the one offered with the bonus. Buyer beware!

Source: http://www.powertochoose.org/

By Holly from Richardson, TX

Budget & Finance UtilitiesJune 23, 2008
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos
Photo of cleaning supplies.
Determining a Reasonable Cleaning Rate
Texas Brownie
Texas Brownie Recipes
🎄
🍂