Removing Melted Suet from Car Upholstery

I accidentally left a suet bird food cake in the backseat of my car. How can I get the melted suet out of the fabric seat?

By Kathi from Newburgh, IN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Kathi, I am not sure what kind of seats you have in your car so the suggestion I have you should approach with caution. I have read that you can remove wax from fabric by placing a paper bag on it and then using an iron to gently melt the wax which the bag will absorb. You must keep changing the bag as it gets the suet on it, though. Hope that helps. ncgardener

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorJune 16, 2010
A bird eating suet out of a feeder.
Making Homemade Suet
A car parked on a sunny day.
Removing Melted Plastic on Car Upholstery
A bird eating suet.
Keeping Suet from Melting
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:33:41 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.