Poll: Have you ever leased a car?

Today's poll asks if you have ever leased a car, truck or SUV. Please post your answer below.

We created this poll in response to a recent request that we received, you can view that request here.

Feel free to post feedback about this poll below in the feedback forum.

We leased a new small truck with 4 miles on it when we signed the lease. Long story short it was a LEMON

very sour. To the point the lady helping me from the

car manufacturer called me on her lunch break from

a pay phone and said "get an attorney, you will win"

we finally did, we needed an auto that worked.

We purchased a brand new loaded SUV plus got money for our troubles, lots of stress. It had

electrical problems etc...

Anyway leases are ok just make sure if the auto

quits working will they provide a loaner etc...ask

those questions and insist that you need to have

an auto that works.

We were not greedy the attorney was mad I just

wanted wheels and to be done with it.

Oh be careful if you put lots of miles on auto then

lease may not be for you.

My daughter and son-in-law leased a car because the payments were more affordable than payments to buy the same car. Long story short, they ended up fairly easily going over the yearly mileage (10,000 miles) for which there are penalties. In my opinion, leases serve no one but the car dealership. You pay for a car for 5 years, don't own it, and may even have to pay them something at the end of the lease.

If at all possible and unless it is a business vehicle where you can write off the payment each month, either buy a used car or make the payments to buy the car.

My daughter ended up having to roll her lease penalties into another car loan to get out of the lease and rid of the car which sat for 6 months because they couldn't afford to add more mileage to it.

Car dealers will try to talk you into leases, but don't do it.

Susan from ThriftyFun

My dad leased cars and was satisfied with the results. However when he died, the family had to come up with enough money to pay the buy out. Apparently the deal didn't end with dads death.

Leasing a car can be great for some, I am sure. However realistically we put too many miles on our vehicles, and I understand that each dealership has some kind of mileage restrictions.My husband is on oxygen so we do not fly we drive and drive and drive

Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior