Tawny (Weimaraner)

Tawny is 6 this year and she is a Weimaraner. Tawny came to us from a free ad in the local paper.

She loves to play tug-of-war with her brothers/sister (there are a total of 4 dogs in the family.)

Tawny is the perfect example of the free dogs out there. Why buy one when eventually, with patience, you can get just about anything you are looking for in the free ads.

By Ragteller from Tofield, AB

Tawny is so pretty, and I love her "pose", and her color. I agree with you about the free animals out there, even the ones who call the side of the road home, that is "drop offs". The best dog I ever had was an Alaskan Malamute who was thrown out on the roadside as a puppy, and he wandered into our lives. Right after he adopted us, I saw newspaper ads for "Found ~ Alaskan Malamute puppy", two ads as a matter of fact, and both pups were located within twenty miles of our home. Apparently the litter of pups were just dumped off randomly. It's just so sad. But I'm happy that Tawny was adopted into what is apparently a loving home. Those eyes are beautiful, she looks very well taken care of and very satisfied for it! Thanks for sharing her story and picture with all of us!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Tawny is a beautiful girl! I, too, have rescued dogs - an 11-year-old dachshund whose owner died, and a 10-month-old golden retriever mix who grew up on the side of the road and, fortunately, was picked up by Animal Control and taken to the local humane society where I found him. They are both just as precious to me as if I had spent thousands of dollars to get them! Give Tawny a big hug from Missy's and Goldy's Mama!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

WOW! What a beauty.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

She's gorgeous. I love Weimaraners - they have a natural elegance that makes you wonder if they are descended from royalty.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes