Making Pillows

I'm looking for ideas and patterns for making pillows.

Starr from Atlanta, GA

I use fleece material. cut both sides about 2 inches larger. Cut 2 inche slits about 1 inch wide all the way around the edges on both sides, tie the ends together from both sides in knots. when you tie all the way around leave one end open and place pillow inside. then finish tying the ends, Great gifts for kids.

Ok - Goodwill is your answer! For fabric, go to the curtains area where they have single panels which are extremely cheap since they are alone but in very pretty fabrics! Then the throw pillows themselves are all over the place! Get the ugly ones that are super cheap since theyre ugly - lol! Cut the fabric to fold over to fit the pillow. Sew 2 sides, and a third on both sides of your open end inside out. Take 4 scraps of strong string and bunch up all 4 corners and tie them tight. turn it rightside out and put the pillow inside, and carefully stich the opening so your stitches dont show. They look very nice! :)

I have a lot of patterns for crocheted pillows,i have made a lot of them,and i would be happy to share them with anyone.

Do you mean "pillows" or "cushions"? If you mean cushions;check out ...About.com sewing guide

Sewing 101:sewing lesson 2- sew a corded edge.

This will give you instructions for not only doing a corded edge for a cushion; but also how to cut and assemble the cushion. Hope this will help you.

September 22, 2011 Flag

What is the easiest way to turn a down comforter into pillows, either bed-size or toss pillows?

By Bobbie S. from San Antonio, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What comes to my mind is to determine the size of the pillows before you do anything to take apart the comforter. Unless it's really lumpy and damaged, I would use a sewing machine and stitch it into the pillow form you are wanting to use then cut between the stitching lines. That way you don't have fine pillow fluff all over (I've had that happen from feather pillows). Then fit the form into the cover you have created and you have your pillows.

Believe me-- you don't want to clean up the flying-all-over-stick-to-everything filling of that comforter!

Crafts SewingJanuary 30, 2007
Quilt Square Pillows
Making Quilt Square Pillows
pom poms
Making Pom Pom Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Throw Pillows
Making Throw Pillows
🎉
🎄