Preserving Autumn Leaves

I preserved autumn leaves for a Thanksgiving centerpiece by spraying them several times with heavy duty hairspray. Now I read (on Marie Clair's website, I think) that hairspray has been proven to be the best way to preserve your Xmas tree, although they do warn that it makes it more flammable! I am going to try to spray my greens that aren't in water already.

Source: Me and Marie Claire site

that is a great idea to preserve the leaves for thanksgiving...I use the heavy duty hair spray for preserving dried flowers. I got a dozen roses for my birthday...after they started wilting, I put a rubber band around the stems to make a bouquet. Hung them upside down and let them dry...then I sprayed them heavy with the hair spray...this was 3 yrs ago and they are still my favorite "antique" roses.

Crafts ThanksgivingDecember 18, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
maple leaf
Preserving Leaves
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree