Tennessee Frugal Travel Information and Photos

Category Tennessee
Learn about saving money at Dollywood and exploring the natural beauty and history of this state. This page contains Tennessee frugal travel information and photos.

Travel Destination: Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Country: United States

Expensive But Worth It:

Dollywood! Not an inexpensive place, but for all that there is to see and to do, it is well worth the money!

Seasonal Information:

They have a special Christmas celebration at Dollywood, too. I recommend that you check that out, too!

Inexpensive Lodging:

Motel 6! Inexpensive, clean and comfortable, just like they advertise!

Robin from Washington, IA

I am looking for information on towns/cities in southern Tennessee or northern GA. I am thinking of moving into one of those two areas when I retire. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

az2010 from Easthampton, MA

There's a website filled with information on virtually any state. the web site is City-Data.com. I have used it and think it's a good tool to find what you're looking for. Hope this helps.

well i live in bluff city,tn. a really small town just out side of bristol tn. the people are very nice and friendly,good neighbors. i live in the country at the foot of mt. holston mountain. i was born and raised right where i live in the same spot all my life would never ever think of leaving. it is beautiful, low to no crime where i live. i am just 20 minutes from all the tri-cities, johnson city,kingsport and bristol. great schools. you know bristol is the birthplace of country music. if you havent guessed i suggest you move here . you will love it.

sandy

All I can suggest is to check out the tax base. I've heard of people moving to an area where the housing was reasonable, but when tax time came, they wished they'd never moved there. Of course, by then, it's too late.

Cleveland, TN is great place to live. We have both mountains and rivers within an easy drive. Beautiful green grass, trees, and pastures.

We are between Knoxville and Chattanooga, also near the Smoky Mountains.

We moved from Maryland to Hixson, TN in 2004 and have never regretted the move. Hixson is on the north end of Chattanooga, in Hamilton county and the taxes are a bit less in the county. The people are wonderful. It took us no time to blend into the community. My husband and I are retired in our early 60's. He is active in the Red Cross and really enjoys the organization. Our daughter lives here and we often came to visit her and enjoyed the visit so we just moved here. There is a multitude of things to do and places to go in the area. You are 120 miles north of Atlanta and about the same to Nashville to the northeast. Check it out. Best wishes to you with your decission. As one other said Cleveland is a nice area as well.

Sorry I goofed, Nashville is to the northwest of Chattanooga.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I travel to the beautiful Smokies at least twice a year. This was taken early one morning on Hwy. 441 between Cherokee, NC and Pigeon Forge, TN. Pictures do not do this justice.

By Debnanny from SC

Fog Rolling Through the Smokey Mountains

Comment Like this photo? 16

Gorgeous! This would make a lovely landscape painting. You should get this enlarged and frame it! Lovely!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Captured this photo of a old barn in Morristown, TN while riding in the car.

By Lovingnature

old barn in field

Comment Like this photo? 11

Lovingnature, I might have seen this place in the past few days. I've checked out some of your other photography. Kyle Carver's is about 1/2 mi. from my home. I really love seeing photos of this beautiful area we live in.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

After a spring rain in Hampton, TN, with mist over the trees.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

It is so beautiful after a shower here in Tennessee. I wanted to share it with you.

Hampton Thunderstorm2

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

When it begins to thunderstorm, the mountains begin to look as if they are on fire. They reach up to the clouds. The whole earth looks like it is in a cloud!