Craft Project: Recycled Mosaic Mirror

Mosaic mirror without the messy grout. This is a great use of recycled cut up credit and gift cards. Plastic cards are cut up and glued onto a painted wood frame that give it a whole new look with dimension, color, and without the messy grout. Sometimes even the back of the gift cards are more interesting to display than the front.

Approximate Time: After paint dries, about 1 hour.

• flat surface wood framed mirror (like mine from Ikea discount section- $1)
  • paint of color choice to paint frame.
  • glue (I like Beacon multi grip glue)
  • assorted used gift cards and credit cards
  • scissors
  • sponge paint brush

Instructions:

After painting the frame in color of choice and it is nice and dry. Cut up various plastic gift cards and credit cards into an assortment of color and texture to display on the frame. I cut each piece about the same size, 1/2 by 1 inch, by eyeballing it. With a good pair of scissors, they are easy to cut.

Before gluing, lay out the various pieces and play with color, numbers and even the back of the cards add a fun look. I used Beacon multi grip glue, good to pick up with a store coupon. Once all glued, it's done! Very fun project.

By Kat from Long Beach, CA

Craft Project: Recycled Mosaic Mirror

Great idea! I am given gift cards. Once they are empty, they ask me if I want it, or to throw it away. This is a great way to reuse those! thanks!

Wow,I love it! I bet you could even use old cd's cut up to make a mirrored mosaic look- nice work!

I like this idea. It's very cool.

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorJuly 16, 2009
Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Making a Mosaic Tile Tabletop
Mirror
Cleaning Sticky Residue from a Mirror
shell mirrors
Making a Seashell Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
🎉
🎄