Link: Microsoft's Free Virus Program

Microsoft now has a free virus program called Microsoft Security Essentials. I have been using for quite sometime - I love it and it is free!

Also has a wonderful computer cleaner and a file recovery program called Recuva. I lost everything on my flash drive and was able to use the Recuva program to get everything back:

By susan from Columbia, SC

I used MSE for months, then all went crazy. I had to uninstall it because it was 'sudddenly' interfering with other Trojanware & Malware softwares. I did install Microsoft's 'Malicious Removal Tool' and I haven't had any issues with that... I do recommend that you install Malwarebytes and a Trojanware software. The best thing that I've noticed lately is that I installed a [Free] Registry Scanner & Cleaner program and my machine runs like greased lightning..

For Trojans and Spyware I recommend Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy. Both are free and can be downloaded from

A word of advice: I think it was Ad-Aware that detects Spybot as a bad program. It may be the other way around. Just by pass it. For Viruses I'm sorry, Microsoft has too many fingers in my PC already so I use Avast!. It is free as well. I think it can be found at or you can google it.

The timing of this post couldn't be more perfect. My brother is coming over tonight to help me do this. Thank you Thrifty Fun, you guys are great!

Thanks Susan, great information! Free is always good. I am downloading right now. Anyother good programs please share.

Thanks again!

There are free Registry Scaner and Cleaners available online....[AMAZING how fast and smooth your computer runs after Registry cleanup]

System Restore is a lifesaver; but you should always keep your protection softwares updated! is a freebie

Malicious Software Removal Tool [Microsoft] is also a freebie.

pcpitstop is a great site for helping you also ... ee-trojan-scanner-trojan-remover.htm ... ndow-xp-abexo-free-registry-cleaner/

Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Computers SoftwareOctober 19, 2010
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
Woman using a PC.
Using Microsoft Outlook
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs