MiscellaneousCrafts

Reuse Elastic Waistband From Children's Underwear

I save the elastic top of underwear when the kids grow out of them. They are huge rubber bands. The are fun to shoot at the wall, onto a target I put up there just for that purpose. I have another one I am using to hold shut the bag of birdseed on which the zip top broke. I will probably find many other uses for them.

Note: Don't cut through the elastic, but underneath it, so it will stay in a circle. For the most part this has been working out very well.

I make little quilts out of all the kids' throwaway clothes, or else give them to those in need. Sometimes I will use them scrapbook style in memory books. I am going to try covering those mini notebooks that are palm sized in fabric and putting a design from the scrapbook section on the cover. I have seen this done, but I have not tried it yet. I will use squares I cut out of the underwear fabric to make the little angel with tulle wings. I traded my friend for a glue gun and I am looking for ways to use it.

I am covering a sports bra I made out of underwear, men's or mine, with the kids outgrown underwear fabric. Somehow the theme for crafts this week at my home has been underwear. I only use the parts of the underwear that cover the belly, just to be safe! The bras are not really as gross as they sound, since the "offending part" is cut out.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Great idea! Never heard of this before!

I was wondering when you said "I traded my friend for a glue gun." How did that work out?

How funny! I meant I traded my friend an item for the glue gun. LOL I didn't trade my friend...LOLOLOL

Blessings,

Robyn