Basket For Socks

I bought one of those mini square plastic baskets that look like a small laundry basket and placed it on the closet shelves above our hanging clothes. I use it for socks instead of a drawer, it frees up drawer space. If you want, you could use it for underwear or have a few for different items.

This is a real good idea, especially for the person who has little bedroom drawer space. There's usually enough room in the closet. I keep my son's socks in two of those plastic drawer units on a closet shelf. They stack and work real well for his small size socks. I keep colored in one and plain white in the other. Another idea for the closet if you have the floor space, perhaps under shorter clothing is one of those drawer units on wheels.....good for undershirts, bathing suits, pantyhose, bras, accessory items....whatever. I

have plenty of dresser drawer space actually and even started using one empty drawer for my travel literature that I have collected on vacations. I think extra bins and baskets work real well in children's rooms as it just seems like they have more "stuff"!

I recently started to put my husband's socks into a small $1 bucket and it has freed up his drawer for bigger clothing items.

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Organizing ClothingJanuary 23, 2007
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Making a Sock Quilt
Partially knit sock over a woman's foot with needles in place.
Knitting Socks