Using Vinegar in an HE Washing Machine - Categories:

General AdviceConsumer Advice

Using Vinegar in an HE Washing Machine

How would vinegar affect the new washing machines that states you should only use products with the (HE) symbol on it?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Well, I never thought of it hurting my HE washer and so far, so good. I've used vinegar for a couple of years instead of fabric softener and to keep towels fresh and if it's hurt the machine I can't tell.

I have used it too, though I just got my machine not too long ago and still no problems. I can't imagine vinegar harming the machine. What you can do is use 1/4 cup instead of the recommended 1/2 cup (that's what i do) just to be on the safe side. With those machines you seem to need less of everything! :)

I have to agree with the other posters. I've had a high efficiency LG Steam Washer for nearly 2 years now and have used vinegar as a softening agent the entire time with no problems at all.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 6, 2009
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 6:12:28 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.