Making Doormats from Rope

I have just learned how to make rag rugs. I really enjoy doing them and have made 2 so far and plan on making more. I got the incentive from you guys. My question is how do you make an outside door mat from rope? Do you do it the same way or is there another way that you do it. Thanks in advance.

Answers

Put 3-4 buckets side by side and coil old hemp or sisal rope in them. Pour different colored hot dye into each bucket. Let them sit in the sun and overnight. Since you are not going to throw the door mat into the washer together with your undies, you don't have to be too fussy with the rinsing.

For the tying, don't use dental floss like for inside rugs, use flower wire. (very thin haywire).

If you want a stylishly antique, soft and hairy look to the door mat, drag it behind the car on a gravel road until it has the desired fuzziness. It depends on the age of the rope, but usually 1/4 to 1/2 mile is enough.

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

A carpet remnant turned into an area rug or doormat.
Homemade Doormat Ideas
Crafts RugsOctober 23, 2004
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
🎉
🎄