Adhering and Preserving Leaves on Slate

I have just returned from Aspen, Co and have some yellow Aspen leaves I am drying in a flower press. I would like to permanently affix these to pieces of slate. Please advise as to how I should do this and preserve them once adhered. Thanks bunches!

Jane from Rustburg, Va

I'd use white glue mixed with water in a 50-50 ratio. This is the same thing as decoupage medium (Mod-Pog) only less expensive. Coat the undersides of the leaves with the white glue/water (after they have dried in the press) then coat OVER the top with 4 or more coats with the glue/water. The leaves will change color to brown eventually, to lengthen the time it takes for them to turn brown, keep them out of the sun or spray with a clear UV protecting finish when everything has sat & dried for a day or more.

I have also used white glue to glue my dried leaves to different things and it works well.

Crafts NatureOctober 12, 2007
maple leaf
Preserving Leaves
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
slate stairs
Repairing Slate Steps
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🎉
🎄