Removing Pumpkin Mildew

There is white powdery stuff on my pumpkins. I'm assuming it's powdery mildew. The leaves are already turning brown, and I'm worried that I will loose my pumpkins before Halloween. Does powdery mildew affect the pumpkins themselves, and if so how can I save them from going bad? Please help! Thanks.

thriftymomof2

hi thriftymomof2,

have you had a lot of rain where you live? that could be the problem. i live in tn. and we have recently had a lot of rain. bad for pumpkins this time of year and mine are rottening on the vine. i think i may have a few that are going to be o.k. i hope you have luck with yours. p.s. i dont know if there is a way to remove the mildew except to wipe it off.

Hi guys, I've just read that a spray with 10 % milk to water does the trick. I'm going to try it myself

Neill

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthAugust 2, 2007
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
Freezing Pumplin Pies
Freezing Pumpkin Pies
🎉
🎄