17 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

I'm turning 17 in a couple of weeks and I have no clue what to do with friends. My parents are taking me to Disney World (don't live in FL though), so I'm not going to do a big party. I'm not sure whether I want to do co-ed or just girls. I'd like to do something a little more special than just going out to eat. But at the same time, I'm not looking for something big or with a lot of planning. Any thoughts? Thanks so much!

Rachel

My son (16) just went to a birthday party at The Olive Garden. They went afterschool and had an early dinner. I think there were 10 of them and they each paid for themselves (they only did salad and breadsticks). He said it was cool to do something "grown up".

Happy Birthday, Rachel! If you don't want to do a big party, stick with just the girls. If you just want to do something silly/fun/goofy... think about:

Minature golf

Bowling party

Roller skating party

Trip to the zoo

Paint ball games

Slumber party

Go-Kart racing

Backyard Croquet or Badminton party

T-shirt painting party

Pot-luck supper party

Picnic party in the park

Have fun, be safe, and say "Hi" to Mickey for me.

Matoaka

How about a plain old out door barbque? Or a cookout - no BBQ sauce required? You could do it in the backyard or the local park?

For my friend's birthday we chilled at her house for a bit then hung out at the mall, went to a movie & had a sleepover at her house. Loud music, dancing, and attempts at wrestling. It was a lot of fun.

You can have a party with just your most close friends. Can you do a slumber party and just have 1 or 2 friends over?

I am turning 17 on March 7, 2013 and I need ideas on what to do. My cake is goin to be Lil Wayne and that what I want my theme to be. I have no idea what to do so if anyone has any ideas gmail me please. mistybarnes96 AT gmail.com

I'm turning 17 in less than a month and I have no clue what to do for a party. I am only inviting 2 of my friends and 1 of them is a guy. Money is tight and I live in a small town. I did bowling for my last birthday and it was really lame. So that's out. I want to do a splatter paint party or a bonfire, but my birthday is in February and I live in Wisconsin. So outside activities are out. I can't ice-skate or roller-skate and so those are out too. I really need some help!

By Rachel

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I live in Canada and it gets really cold here. Dress warmly, have a toboggan party in the afternoon, then go inside for a hot meal of stew or chili (both inexpensive), with cake and hot chocolate for dessert. Then wrap up in warm blankets and watch a movie ... Happy Birthday!

How about renting a great movie and making your own pizza(s) ?