Squirrel Feeder

Here's a picture of a squirrel feeder I built. I didn't like the commercial model, and I'm a carpenter, so I did what comes naturally.

This one is "Feeder version 2.0". The first one ended up too near the fence it was mounted on. The squirrels could grab the fence with hind feet and stretch to reach the cobs. A 'design flaw'.

I just finished the re-design and it goes back on the fence tomorrow.

Chuck from Canton

Chuck: The squirrels could grab the fence with hind feet and stretch to reach the cobs. A 'design flaw'.

Please explain how your first Squirrel Feeder was a design flaw? Did they have to reach too far to get something to eat, so you had to redesign it to make it easier for the little critters? I love squirrels!

I don't understand the design flaw in the first one either. I make it easy for my squirrels to get their food. Jennifer

October 8, 2009 Flag

I love watching both the birds and squirrels in my yard and have found an easy way to keep the squirrels away from my bird feeders. I took an old board from the garage and hammered two nails into it. Then I got some of that dry corn from the hardware store, and put it on the nails. The squirrels love it! I also put apple and pear slices on it for the mockingbirds. Easy and very inexpensive!

By Thriftymomof2 from Pasadena, MD

Squirrel Feeder
Making a Squirrel Feeder
Crafts Garden & YardOctober 8, 2009
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
HummingbirdFeeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Recycled Bird Feeder
Recycled Bird Feeder Ideas
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
🎄