Making a Squirrel Feeder

Category Garden & Yard
The squirrels in your garden or yard may not seem to need their own feeder if they are raiding the bird feeders. However, a homemade squirrel feeder is a fun project and may help keep them out of the bird feeders. This is a guide about making a squirrel feeder.

Here's a picture of a squirrel feeder I built. I didn't like the commercial model, and I'm a carpenter, so I did what comes naturally.

This one is "Feeder version 2.0". The first one ended up too near the fence it was mounted on. The squirrels could grab the fence with hind feet and stretch to reach the cobs. A 'design flaw'.

I just finished the re-design and it goes back on the fence tomorrow.

Chuck from Canton

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My husband just built this squirrel feeder. We call it the "Nut Hut Cafe". We put peanuts in it about 9 am. By 11 am, it's empty. We only fill it once a day, but we get lots of entertainment from it. :0)

By Maggie

Squirrel eating from a squirrel feeder.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9