Can my outfit be saved?

Can my outfit be saved? I spilled bleach doing laundry and some of it dripped into the laundry basket on dark clothes. It got on a brand new outfit in places I can't "decorate" to cover. Any suggestions?

Lucille from Syracuse, NY

If you can find a sharpie type pen which matches the color of the outfit, you can color in the spots. Try on one inconspicuous spot first to see if it blends in well. If this works, you will have to recolor occasionally as it fades in the wash. I did this with a pair of black jeans, and they have been fine for almost a year now.

You didn't say whether the outfit was one solid color or a print, but I guess we can assume it's predominantly a dark color so the sharpie pen idea would be my first solution. However, you could consider dyeing the whole outfit with Rit Dye in the same dark color or a shade darker. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 20, 2006
Crochet
Making a Crocheted Bodice for a Dress
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
closeup of floral wrist corsage
Making a Fabric Wrist Corsage
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 11:12:52 PM on 10.0.0.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.