Grape Juice Recipe

I have a glut of black grapes. I would like to know how to make grape juice. What ingredients do I need? The grapes are quite sharp. I don't want to waste them and I'm not really into wine making. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

By withaney from Slesey, UK

You could make jelly out of it. You can even freeze the juice to use later. Here is a coupe of websites with using grape juice.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,grape_juice,FF.html

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=111469723549&ref=mf

I hope this helps some. You can always do a search on google or askjeeves.

Robin in Bonham, TX

I just recently made grape juice. First wash the grapes and place in a large container. Cover grapes with water and boil to cook. After cooking, let cool and strain through a cloth or cheese cloth into a large boil. Place in refrigerator and let set to allow the crystals to drop to bottom. After a day or so, measure the number of quarts of juice into a large pot being careful not to get any of the crystals in your juice. Add 1/4 cup of sugar for each quart of juice. I would sample 1 quart of juice first to see if it is sweet enough. If not add another 1/4 cup of sugar. Once you have the taste you want, continue adding the correct amount of sugar for each quart of juice. If you want, you can add 1 tsp. of fruit fresh for each cup of juice. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Ladle juice into jars, cover with lids and rings and process 20 minutes in a water bath. Remove jars from water bath and let sit to cool. After 24 hours, check to see if jars are sealed. Put in pantry and enjoy.

Karen in Amherst, VA

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages FruitAugust 21, 2009
Mulled Grape Cider
Mulled Grape Cider Recipes
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Man's hand helping a young boy drink his juice.
Removing Grape Juice Stains on Clothing
🎄