Oven Not Heating Up Properly

My oven will only heat up to 300 degrees, even when the digital gauge is set to the 550 degree maximum.

By Jack from Edmond, OK

The oven most likely needs to be calibrated.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2199721_calibrate-an-oven.html

http://www.dr-fix-it.com/caloven.html

Your element is dying or dead. You need a new heating element.

Thanks for the feed back on my problem, but my wife solved it for me. we will have a new electric stove delivered next MondaI. (fyi, my was gas and i had already replaces the ignitor and had checked the sensor.) 17 years old, time for a new one. Thanks again

January 19, 2010 Flag

I have a Tappan model gas oven that I'm guessing to be between 10 and 15 years old. It no longer heats above 210 degrees. The broiler and all four burners work fine though. It is getting gas, there are no leaks. The digital readout shows that it is set to a higher temperature, but stops mysteriously at 210 degrees each and every time. Please save me from any more nights battling it out with my oven, it really is just not the same.

Kristin from Orleans, VT

Answers:

Oven Not Heating Up Properly

It sounds like your thermostat. Is there a sensor or probe visible at the top of your oven on the inside? Check to see it is clean and not covered with gunk.

Have you tried to Google for information on Tappan ovens or check out the various repair sites like RepairClinic.com. Good luck.
(02/04/2009)

By OliveOyl

Oven Not Heating Up Properly

I had this problem a number of times. The service repair man had to replace the ignitor. It will only last so many years.

Karyn (02/06/2009)

By Karyn01

Oven Not Heating Up Properly

Try cleaning that probe/sensor with some fine sand paper and make sure that it is secure in place, retry it, write me at this site and Ill research further for you. (02/07/2009)

By Leo the repair guy

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ranges & OvensJanuary 19, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home
🎉
🎄