Gas Oven is Not Heating Up Enough

This is a guide about gas oven does not heat up correctly. When your oven doesn't get hot enough your food may not cook properly. Your appliance may be in need of service.

I have found that my stove (gas) is not heating enough. I put it at 400 degrees F and my food is not cooking in the time that it should. My stove is two years old. Actually, I purchased a fridge, stove, washer, dryer, and dishwasher and they are two years old and I seem to be having problems with all of them. With my luck the warranties have expired.

By Lina

Answers

Best Answer

If all of your majour appliances are acting up at the same time, your problem may be in your electrical system-even if your range/oven and clothes dryer are gas they still use some electricity. But it could be you were sold appliances that came from a damage warehouse and the damage is just now starting to show up. (Kinda doubt it-since all the appliances are going off at the same time, it really sounds like an electrical problem)

There are some questions that you need to ask yourself before you can determine the best foot forward:

1-Have you had an electrical storm recently in your area?

Even if lightning missed your house, the resulting surge from it hitting somewhere along your power lines could have sent a surge through your home and damaged the circuitry in your appliance. (No-one thinks to put those majour appliances on a special surge protector known as a 'whole-house', and if they do think of it they opt out most of the time due to the cost of the whole-house surge protecter, wowsa, those are pricey!)

If the answer to this question is yes, you should call in a certified, licensed electrician. Also, check your homeowner insurance, you may be covered.

2-Did you purchase all of the appliances at the same time from the same dealer? If yes to this question and no to the first one, contact the dealer and be firm-majour appliances should not all go wonky at the same time. Find the sales agreement and see if you still have a warranty. (It's not likely, but remotely possible all of your appliances were in a flood or smoke damaged in a fire-the appliances can be cleaned up but the water or smoke is still in the circuitry. Highly unlikely, though, since all of the appliances are acting up at the same time)

You can find out the age of your appliances by looking for the metal plate with the serial and model information numbers; Google the manufacturer, go to their website, and see if they have a warranty that covers your problem.

But truthfully, for all of the appliances to go out at the same time it is almost certainly something in your electrical system, and the safest, best thing to do is call in an electrician-don't try to troubleshoot this yourself because you could be putting your life, anyone in the home with you, and the home in danger of fire. Wiring problems are nothing to fool around with!

Anonymous
Best Answer

To be on the safe side I would suggest calling your gas utility company first and talk to them about this. I am sure they have heard of this problem before and would know what to do or how to advise you. It's also better safe than sorry just in case there is a slow gas leak or some sort of clog somewhere in the underground gas lines because gas is highly explosive. They will send someone out free of charge and use equipment that tests for gas leaks/problems. Request the check to be inside and outside. If the gas company tells you for sure that it's not a gas problem then proceed with frugalsunnies advice :-)

I too, have a gas oven that does the same thing. The thermostat is out of since and needs to be calibrated. I've never had it done myself, I just simply set the temperature up a little higher than I'm supposed to, and leave the food a little longer. My gas cooker is 12 years old and not worth fixing but yours is still new(ish) so I would recommend you get it seen to. I wouldn't imagine it would be a great expense.