Which Side of the Car Has the Gas Cap?

If you drive different cars or rent one it may be difficult to remember which side the gas cap is on. In some vehicles, the icon on the dash showing a gas pump may have a triangle pointing to cap side of the car. This is a guide about, "Which side of the car has the gas cap?".

If you switch cars, rent a car, or just cannot remember, this is a useful tip. The icon of a gas tank on your dashboard will have a triangle on the right or left. That shows you what side of the car you put the gas in. The picture shows my car takes gas on the left.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Very observant of you, Judy. I never knew. I've owned several cars. Never had one with a gas cap on the left. Sometimes they were in the middle behind the license plate. We're always learning at TF!

Neat! I've never noticed this.