Vitamin B And Fish Oil for Shingles Relief

How often do you take vitamin B12 and fish oil for shingles pain relief?

By Linda from Omaha, NE

I think the vitamin B and fish oil is a sham. You can go to google.com and type in "pain from shingles" and a lot of sites come up to click on, that have relief from pain. Haven't found one that recommends vitamins and fish oil. But there is no harm in trying fish oil and vitamins. Maybe the placebo effect from that combination would work.

You really should ask your doctor about this! Not only might it not be beneficial for shingles but incorrect dosages can be harmful and even be dangerous as far as other vitamin or prescription medication combinations!

Nice, placebo effect. B12 can be taken as often & as much as you need. I've been giving myself injections of 1500mcg everyday, & my dr told me I could take it as often as I feel the need. It is so good for so many things, but here's the thing, you need folic acid with it to help the assimilation of it. Then you also need to have a complete B complex of all the B's or you can end up causing an imbalance. So take a B-50 or B-100, then add all the other ones you'd like to take. I don't know if you know this or not, but B12 is suppose to b manufactured in the bottom of your stomach right as it enters the intestines. If you are in need, you may have a problem with candida over-growth.

Now fish oil, or EPA is very good for the skin & many things in between. Did you know that shingles is a herpes virus, along with chicken pox & some others, and a whole lot of skin conditions are caused by, yet again, candida over-growth.

With those things take some vitamin A & D for skin, you can take 50-100,000i.u. of A & up 2 6,000 i.u. of D. Zinc is also very important. There's a good reference book: called Vita-Nutrient Solution, by dr. atkins. It has all the info you could want about this stuff & then some.

January 19, 2010 Flag

My friend's husband had the shingles in mid 2008. Having tried several prescriptions and home remedies for the pain, has found more relief with taking Vitamin B-12 capsules along with Fish Oil capsules, than with any other product(s). He suggested this to a lady friend, who's since tried the same supplements and has experienced pain relief, also.

By Terri H. from NV

Answers:

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJanuary 19, 2010
Cute Guinea Pig
Giving Vitamin Supplements to Guinea Pigs
Roof Shingles
Reusing Roof Shingles
Shingles Blisters
Shingles Advice
Homemade Vitamin Water
Homemade Vitamin Water Recipes
🎉
🎄