Mark Keyboard With Glue to Find Commonly Used Keys

I have been typing for many years, but I still find I have to look for some keys. For instance, F11 is a great key to maximize a page, but I always have to look for it, until now! I applied a few dabs of hot glue carefully to the key. Now when I want 'F11' I can feel it rather than look for it.

By Derryl from Ontario

I just learned something. THANK YOU. Didn't know about the F11 trick!

Excellent that a sighted person would think of this!

I've been visually impaired for six years now (compliments of a drunk driver,) and a touch-typer since my teens. (I won't say how long ago, lol!)

I happened to have a "Hi-line" marker (similar to puff-paint, but for hard surfaces.) I had hubby mark not only my F11 key, but my F8 key as well.

In addition, I have items called "bump dots." These are stick-ons that help improve my orientation on the keyboard.

I have small bump dots on the 1 and 0 keys on my number row, and the 5 key on my number pad. I have large bump dots on the F and J keys on home row. I also have the Tab key and the right Shift key marked. (The left Shift bump dot fell off, and I learned that I could live without it. I insist on keeping the large dot on the right due to a lack of proper sensation in my right hand, also compliments of the drunk driver.)

These items can all be found online at and only cost $2 or $3 per sheet, plus tax and shipping. Might be worth checking out.

Computers TipsFebruary 11, 2009
Worn Off Keyboard Letters
Replacing Worn Off Keyboard Letters
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Girl Playing Music Keyboard
Buying a Music Keyboard
Keys on Keyring
Keeping Track of Your Keys