TipsComputers

Mark Keyboard With Glue to Find Commonly Used Keys

I have been typing for many years, but I still find I have to look for some keys. For instance, F11 is a great key to maximize a page, but I always have to look for it, until now! I applied a few dabs of hot glue carefully to the key. Now when I want 'F11' I can feel it rather than look for it.

By Derryl from Ontario

I just learned something. THANK YOU. Didn't know about the F11 trick!

Excellent that a sighted person would think of this!

I've been visually impaired for six years now (compliments of a drunk driver,) and a touch-typer since my teens. (I won't say how long ago, lol!)

I happened to have a "Hi-line" marker (similar to puff-paint, but for hard surfaces.) I had hubby mark not only my F11 key, but my F8 key as well.

In addition, I have items called "bump dots." These are stick-ons that help improve my orientation on the keyboard.

I have small bump dots on the 1 and 0 keys on my number row, and the 5 key on my number pad. I have large bump dots on the F and J keys on home row. I also have the Tab key and the right Shift key marked. (The left Shift bump dot fell off, and I learned that I could live without it. I insist on keeping the large dot on the right due to a lack of proper sensation in my right hand, also compliments of the drunk driver.)

These items can all be found online at www.maxiaids.com and only cost $2 or $3 per sheet, plus tax and shipping. Might be worth checking out.