Olfa Rotary Cutting Mat Warped

I have a Olfa rotary mat which has warped. The official Olfa site says it cannot be repaired. Has anyone tried to repair one of these rotary mats to make it flat once again?

By bpsmith from Houston, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Maybe try heating it up with your blow dryer and as you heat a section lay heavy books all over it and let it set overnight. Hope it helps.

I purchased a mat like this once that was warped. I placed it outside on a hot sunny day. I placed it on the top of our hot tub cover (any flat surface should do). I left the mat there for several hours and when I returned for it, it was perfectly flat. The heat of the sun seemed to "relax" the uneven surface and now the mat looks like a new one. Hope this tip works for you!

I stored my mat behind a bookshelf and unfortunately, it warped. To restore it, I put it on my sewing table with my sons weights from the weight bench placed in the curly spots. After several weeks it was flattened out like new.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Crafts AdviceOctober 5, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
Making a Candy Corn Table Mat
Making a Candy Corn Table Mat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 10:22:04 AM on 10.0.1.174 in 651 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.