Where Can I Recycle Tires for Free?

Where can I recycle about 500 used tires that were dumped on my property, at no cost to me? I am willing to travel up to 200 miles.

By Chris from Kokomo, IN

I don't know if this website advertises free tire recycling. But if you contact them they might be able to give you names of other places that recycle for free. http://www.libe  re.com/Home.aspx

Do you belong to Freecycle? There is a great one in one in Howard Co. Joining is free. You never know what people are wanting and if they want your tires they might be willing to pick them up.

I would offer them on freecycle.org and also on craigslist. Probably won't get rid of all 500, but anything would help, i would think. Also, one of the stipulations for freecycle is that they understand that they need to pick up.

Good luck with that!

Also, I was just thinking, maybe some playgrounds or parks could use them to make some structure for the kids to play on. Or maybe the spca for the dogs....

Good luck with this project. Tires are terribly hard to get rid of, unless you happen to live near some place where they grind them up and make playground coverings, or know someone who is building an earthship home where the tires are filled with dirt, buried, and then form the wall of the home.

You didn't willingly let someone dump 500 tires on your property, did you?

Contact the parks and recreation sector of local gov't and offer the tires for playgrounds, dog parks, training at high schools. I would then post them on freecycle. Good luck. I am very curious as to where and how that many tires would be dumped on your property.

We have over500 old tires that need to be desposed! Who will take them? Live in walterboro sc 29488!!