Locating Free Tires?

Category Other
Save old tires from the landfill by putting them to a variety of uses around the home and yard. This is a page about locating free tires.

Does anyone know where I can get old used free tires, it's for a project I want to do at my school.

Kind regards.

Answers

Best Answer

Check local tire companies for used tires; they are very difficult to recycle so are usually thrown away to landfills.

Best Answer

Put a want ad in Freecycle

Best Answer

Check Craigslist by searching for the word tire. If you don't find any, post a free ad on there stating you'd like some.

My local tire shop gave me two that they couldn't find a use for (they were too worn for used resale). You might want to find a local tire shop.

I'm trying make a memorial urn garden/cemetery for my husband. I found a photo on pinterest that uses painted recycled tires, arrayed and stacked, and planted with flowers. I'm in need of old tires and need a way to get them coz I don't drive. I'm willing to trade or pay it forward for any help.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

Normally I would say to go to a garage that swaps out tires or even the recycle dump where people take their old tires and electronics. But considering you can't drive then you next choice would be to ask people in your neighborhood, post your request on FB, try to ask people on freecycle, or even post a wanted ad on Craigslist.

Best Answer

You can place a 'wanted' ad on Craigslist, Freecycle and Nextdoor but be sure to emphasize that they have to be delivered as you do not drive.

Also state that you will pay a reasonable price for delivery to your house.
I would suggest you start with Nextdoor as these will be in your area and may be more reasonable.

nextdoor.com/

Best Answer

You can easily get free tires by going to any car service business such as Firestone and they have a lot of tires in a bin in the back of the service bays. Just ask to speak to the service manager, explain why you would appreciate it if they could give you the used tires that they are going to throw away and they will be delighted to get rid of them.

Best Answer

Advertise that your looing for tires,most will give them free,because you have to pay to get rid of them.Let friend's in on it they can loo around when there driving,for yards that have them laying around.Call jun yards in your area they may part with a few.

Best Answer

I see that several responders have suggested going to tire service centers but in Florida it is against the law for a dealer to do this.

The tire service center charges a 'disposal fee' to everybody who buys a tire and they are supposed to have this same number hauled away to a recycling center (they have to keep records of number of tires sold and recycled when sending the payment to the State of Florida).

Also, Florida tire centers are responsible for all used tires that come from their shops in case they are a problem for a driver (hence most tire dealers will not let anyone remove used tires from their lot as they do not know if that person intends to place it on a car and might make them responsible if it fails).

This is probably not true of all states but Florida laws are very strict (maybe Florida counties are different also?).
Individuals do not have this problem and will many times be glad for someone to take them off their hands.

I am after old tyres. If you want to get rid of any, I would be glad to take them off your hands. I recycle them in my garden.

By Richard cave

Answers

If you still need tires I have a bunch. My husband passed. He's a disabled veteran that was trying to sell everything.

I got blessed with lots. I can't seem to find anyone that wants them. Thanks

I am looking for a dozen old used tires to use for an obstacle course.

Im interested in taking some tires off your hand's

I would gladly take some off your hands.

I am looking for free size 14 tires 4 lug. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

Check your local Freecycle, NextDoor and Craiglist websites. You can also post that you're looking for them. You need to create accounts (free).

Where may I find 5 free used tires for my 94 Ford Ranger xlt? I need tires desperately. There's only one tire that is decent.

The rest are ready to blow. And I'm on SSI due to disability and could really use some help.

Thanks~ Jen

Answers

Best Answer

It will be hard to find completely free tires plus the cost to remove your existing tires and mount those pre-loved/new tires would cost money.

You might want to call local small tire shops and ask if they have your tires for sale (pre-used) for a good value.

To raise money for your tires fund you could share your cooking recipes, crafts here on Thriftyfun , answer questions and contribute to this site.

Other tips - there are survey sites where you can earn money :)

You could also barter any services to family/friends, word of mouth. Check craigslist, post on Nextdoor

Good luck!

Best Answer

Most used tires are taken off of cars because they are starting to wear out and become dangerous. I know it is hard when you are on disability and tires are so important. I would like to suggest that you put in an ad on Craigslist in your area and see if anyone is willing to help. Right now there are many people in need of help and you have a very good cause. You can always start a Go Fund Me Page and tell your story. Hopefully people will read this and add a few dolls to your project. Other than this your next option would be to go to a tire store and see if you can get some cheaper tires for your truck and they will work with you to make monthly payments.

Where would be the best place for me to find old used tractor or truck tires free? I am not sure if this should go under crafts or gardening or other as I am using them for a few things.

Peggy from Endicott, NY

Answers

By Tracy (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try posting a WANTED to your local Freecycle group.

Also you could try calling up your local Tractor Supply or Farm Equipment Implement and ask for their advice. Just as farmers will eventually need new tires for their tractors, they usually do not keep the ones they no longer want, and the old ones end up unused at the place where the replacements were purchased.

Good luck!

Where can I find some 15in tires for a project in my wife's garden?

I need 500 tires, standard sizes. I will pick them up.

By Jesper from Grass Valley

Answers

Best Answer

Try calling tire companies and/or put an add in craigslist in your surrounding towns, we actually have to pay to have them disposed of here.

Where can I get free tires near Toombs County Georgia?

I need some car tires for a DIY boxing stand. Does anyone know where I can get old car tires?

I am looking for a LT265r16 tire for free or next to free.

I need a spare tire. Where can I find a free or inexpensive one?

I need 4 285/45 R15 tires or anything that will work like these tires. I am in dire straights.

I need to find free tires in Baltimore.

Does anyone know where I can get free or low cost tires for my car live in Jefferson county Missouri? I need 205/60/16.

I am looking for free car tires even if it's just one. 195/65/15. I need it to last at least a week. Any suggestions?

Answers

Looking for 2004 toyota corolla tires and used rims. 3 sets...

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherMarch 24, 2014
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Locating-Free-Tires-1.html